Tuesday, January 1, 2008

WVU

I know that this is suppose to be a padre blog but oh well we named it pads and ends for a reason. Anyway I am pumped about the West Virginia/Oklahoma Fiesta bowl match up tomorrow night. I really hope that WVU can shock some people and win another big bowl game. The way I feel for Rich Rodriguez is the same way i feel for Nick Saban d-bags. I hope that Steve Slaton can find his way back into the powerful WVU rushing attack. The past two games he has rushed the ball 19 times for 65 yards. Are you kidding me???? Slaton is possibly one of the 5 best running backs in college right now (D-Mac, Hart, Smith, Slaton, and Rice with the Freshman from Geogria right in the mix). In order for WV to win the game I think that Slaton is going to have to have a monster game. Noel Devine and Owen Schmitt and Pat White will all need to have big games in the rushing department. Along with a solid rushing attack which will be hard against the Sooner defense White will have to throw the ball effectively. He has plenty of viable options and even a few playmakers on the outside. Darius Reynaud and Dorrell Jalloh must play big both in the passing and rushing game.

Defensively they must stop the passing attack that the Sooners have. Bradford is a very good quaterback and might even be a force at the next level. They also have a couple of receivers in Malcolm Kelly Juaquin Iglesias and Jermaine Gresham. I am not so much concerned in the rushing game of the Sooners since the loss of AP to the NFL has left them without a 1000 yard rusher on the season.

Ultimately, i think that the Sooners might be too much for the Mountaineers but I will still be cheering my heart out.


LEEEETTTTTSSSS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

4 comments:

TTG said...

Oh, this is a welcome change to some of the random idiocy I write. Before I got home, I was thinking "I hope he wrote something to bump that dumb crap I wrote the other night off the top"... but, yeah, this could be a huge win for the Mountaineers. When we lost the Pitt game I said I didn't care about our bowl game because I had been so amped up about this being the year for us to win the Championship, but I do care. I've been mystified as to why Slaton's been getting so little work, but I think that how well we do tomorrow will ultimately come down to Pat White mixing up his weapons instead of being a one man wrecking crew who puts up great numbers in the first half before he gets injured. We'd really have been screwed this year without Jarrett Brown; he's like Hoffman to White's Peavy...

TTG said...

Hey, that's Matty V! Bonus!

thepadfather said...

so far so good up 20-6 with a min left in the first half. i cant believe i have to listen to matty v calling the game

sdsuaztec4 said...

Congrats Mountaineers.