Thursday, December 27, 2007

More ellipsis...

...I'm a big fan of ellipsis (...); they're the perfect transition when you don't feel like working up a witty or relevant transition. My friend Tessa pointed out to me that ellipsis are supposed to have a space between each period and I can see where that makes sense- ellipsis imply something unsaid, so perhaps each space is meant to represent a sentence punctuated by the following period. I really have no idea but I just type it without the spaces because I'm lazy...

...I mentioned to my brother last night while we were watching SportsCenter that I don't like the Mavericks or basketball at all but I still think these jerseys are about as awesome as they get...

...Social D's been playing a new song live recently. It's called "Can't Take It With You"- it's pretty bitchin'. The first time I heard it, it reminded me of my Christ-lover* of a mother who always used that as her excuse for never spending money...

...*not that there's anything wrong with that...

...That Wednesday night Purdue/ Central Michigan Motor City Bowl game turned from a first half blowout (we were watching other shit most of the time because it was so lopsided) into a badass nailbiter. I was paying particular attention since CMU's Head Coach Butch Jones, a former WVU assistant, is the leading candidate to take over for Rich "Supervising Bagger at the Douche Factory" Rodriguez at the helm of the mighty Mountaineers foosball program. I was impressed with his ballsy management as he guided his students from a twenty one point deficit to a tie. I also like that Dan LeFevour is a poor man's Pat White and has flourished under Jones...

...I read a pretty nifty article about 2007's retirees over at the Worldwide Leader. I especially liked Paul Lukas's blurb; I could really relate. I remember feeling old realizing that guys younger than me were succeeding as Major Leaguers when "K-Rod" was lighting Giants up for the Angels in the 2002 World Series... Now I know I'm old when my stepdaughter makes jokes about me having a pet dinosaur as a child...

...I guess that's about enough for now...

1 comment:

freelunch said...

another thing about ellipsis, if you add a little winking face after it, it can make any sentence sound dirty.

just thought you'd like to know... ;)